- Updated frontend helpers to work with this latest versions using
Kendo UIComponents for Angular.
- Support for
- C# 5 Syntax is fully supported
- Model Synchronization Moving data between the backend and the frontend, introduction to
Data Transfer Objects(DTO).
- Serialization: Persist the state of object between requests allows the system to unload unneeded objects from memory.
- Session Management: Support for session management out the box using the provided mechanism of
- Flexible Communication Protocol: Flexible protocol that allow
WebMAP5to synchronize state and execute custom actions.
- Desktop Compatibility Platforms: This layer allows
WebMAP5to support different technologies, for example
Power Builder. These
Desktop Compatibility Platformsconsist of all the Models, Event Handler Mechanism, Mappers, DTOs, Error Handling,
Server Commandsand Observable Wrappers needed for each technology. Each
DCPis pluggable so different desktop layers can be supported by the same
WebMAP Core Serviceslayer. At the moment just the
Windows Formsplatform is supported, and the
Power Buildbeing under construction.
- Modal Dialog: The
WebMAP Core Servicesprovide a mechanism that allows for the server to stop the execution of a
requestand wait for a response from the user and then continue with the execution of the previous request.
- The debugging experience is improved by hiding
WebMAP Core Servicestasks from the user application code, and leaving the original
- Loggin: An extensible logging mechanism is provided by WebMAP. This eases the debugging process, allowing to easily pinpoint a problem.
- On WebMAP 5, weaving is leveraged to perform some of the changes required so the code can be run on web environments.
By weaving we mean a process that can insert or modify the application code during the compilation process, but in a way that the developers do not have to worry about these modifications, and also in a way that can improve performance, compared with others interception solutions, because it will add little overhead during runtime.
How does Weaving Work?
A program that takes source, and modifies it by inserting aspect-specific logic at joint points. The result are sections of non-visible code in the original code that are executed during runtime.
The point is to keep the modifications required to interact with WebMAP Core Services. To know where and what should we weave into, attributes are used as markers and during the weaving analyzer process the class meta data is recollected and determine the elements that need to be generated.